Climbing the steep stairs at Eco Park
I had difficulty moving about lately. I feel shortness of breath even when Iâ€™m taking a bath. Isnâ€™t it alarming?
Last week, Iâ€™ve made a promise to myself that Iâ€™ll take time to walk even for 30 minutes or less as a form of exercise. I havenâ€™t started yet because I woke up late. It will be too exhausting for me to walk when the sun is already up. The best time to start walking is around 5am.
I think I donâ€™t have a serious problem as far as my weight gain is concerned. But I donâ€™t have to wait for my body to tell me otherwise so I should do something now.
Physical exercise including walking is very important for people who engaged in sedentary occupations like office workers, drivers and yes, work at home moms like us. Iâ€™m sure you’ll agree with me when I say walking is better than diet pills that work or more.
My last post discusses the benefit of physical exercise particularly walking for those engaged in sedentary occupations.
This time itâ€™s still about walking and the activities that require walking. Take note that walking is not just for adults. It is also important for children and adolescents. For daddies who are inclined to use fat burners for men, this oneâ€™s for you to read, too.
- Try to take a walk once a day for about half an hour in your room or around your house, garden or other areas such as school grounds, spaces near the church or the plaza.
- Walk to work, market or place of worship rather than use transport.
- Start by walking slowly for a few minutes and increase your speed as you go along. Take breathing exercises. They will make you physically and mentally alert.
- Take the stairs rather than the elevator.
- See what sports facilities your community offers and use them.
Source: Things to do to stay healthy. World Health Organization.