Last week, I prepared my children’s “favorite” veggie dish, sauteed vegetables. This is a combination of bitter gourd (ampalaya) and squash (kalabasa). I put on shrimps to make it more appealing to eat and Moringa (malunggay) for additional nutrition.
They rarely eat vegetables and when they do, it makes mommy truly happy. 🙂
Here’s an additional info about the nutrition benefits of the vegetables in my dish.
- Bitter gourd has been associated with lowering sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes.
- Bitter gourd is said to be helpful in fighting against cancer and a number of infections.
- Bitter gourd has been known to provide relief from constipation and is also effective in the treatment of psoriasis.
- Bitter gourd helps in improving circulation and in turn, generates slimming effects on the body.
- Regular consumption of bitter gourd has been associated with prevention as well as treatment of hypertension.
- Bitter gourd is believed to be helpful in preventing eye complications, apart from treating neuritis.
- The juice of the leaf of bitter gourd plant has been found to be beneficial in the treatment of alcoholism.
- The essential vitamins and minerals present in bitter gourd help in treating defective metabolism of carbohydrates.
- The bitter tonic properties of bitter gourd have made it effective as a blood purifier.
- Fresh juice of bitter gourd is good for patients suffering from piles.
- Malunggay leaves helps strengthens the immune system.
- Malunggay can help restores skin condition, controls blood pressure, relieves headaches and migraines.
- Malunggay tea can help strengthen the eye muscles.
- Malunggay tea can help heal inflammation of the joints and tendons.
- Malunggay tea can prevent intestinal worms.
- Malunggay can help increase semen count.
- Malunggay help normalize blood sugar level therefore preventing diabetes.
- Malunggay has anti-cancer compounds (phytochemicals) that help stop the growth of cancer cells.
- Malunggay helps relax and promotes good night sleep.
- Malunggay tea is used to treat fever and asthma.
- Malunggay help heals ulcers.
- Malunggay is high in calcium (four times the calcium in milk), therefore lactating mothers are advised to consume malunggay leaves to produce more milk for their babies. The young malunggay leaves are also boiled and taken as tea.
- Malunggay contains three times the potassium in bananas.
- Malunggay contain four times the vitamin A in carrots.
- An ounce of malunggay has the same Vitamin C content as seven oranges.
- Malunggay leaves contain two times the protein in milk.
- Malunggay seed is used to clean dirty or polluted water.
- Squash contains vitamin C as well as beta-carotene, folate, and fiber. These nutrients make squash a tool in preventing cancers, heart disease, and diseases of inflammation such as arthritis and asthma.
This is my entry for