You may not have a lot of money to spend on a fancy vacation this summer but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a great time. There are many budget friendly things you can do to kick off the summer and keep the fun going all summer long. All you need is a little creativity and the willingness to have a good time no matter what.
Summer is the perfect time for picnics. All you need is a park with tree covered areas and the fun begins. Pack sandwiches and drinks. Bring along a big blanket and let the good times roll. There’s something magical about sitting under a big tree eating delicious sandwiches with people you love. The summer is all about making special memories. Don’t let money interfere with summer fun and the ability to make powerful memories.
Going to the pool is a fun activity for everyone on those hot summer days. Make a family day of it. Pack your floats and pool noodles and head out. Bring cold drinks and small snacks and you’ve created another fun summer event. This is a fun low maintenance event that’s not hard on your wallet. There’s no need to dig deep to have big fun. You won’t need any special equipment either. No bottle labeler will be required for this fun event.
Nothing screams summer fun like a backyard barbecue. Decide on the menu and get an early start. If you decide to BBQ at the park, pack your food and tools and take the family to the park for a day of fun and BBQ. We all know how good BBQ smells during the summer time. Our mouths water just smelling the charcoal and the food cooking on the grill. This is a budget friendly activity that will make everyone’s tummy happy and create a delicious summer memory.
Don’t let money stand between you and summer fun. Get out there and have some fun. Be creative. There are so many things that you and your family can do to have a good time without spending a ton of money. The summer is made for fun. Go to the pool. Cook out at the park, or have that fun picnic. The sky is the limit when it comes to summer entertainment. Jump into the fun before the magical days of summer are gone.
I don’t know about you but I’m definitely doing something fun and memorable this summer with the fambam. We may not have the luxury to travel or be in the famous beach right now, but this list here of simple and cheap activities you can do for summer deserves a thumbs up. Hooray for a practical mom like me! A special shout-out to popsugar.com for the cool idea. (This is actually a continuation of what I wrote here.)
- Play minigolf.
- Make fun things with old pool noodles.
- Lie out at a community pool.
- Go camping.
- Fly a kite.
- Visit the library.
- Take a walk and listen to a podcast or learn a thing or two about focusrite 2i2 check it out at GuitarCenter.
- Learn how to juggle.
- Upcycle your leftover fruits and vegetables.
- Pack a picnic.
- Join a recreational sports team.
- Go fishing.
- Visit a free museum.
- Jump rope.
- Take photographs in nature.
- Go to the zoo.
- Read a book that will change your life on a porch swing.
- Go to the drive-in movies.
- Play soccer.
- Skip rocks at a pond.
- Go grape stomping at a vineyard.
- Have a yard sale.
- Walk barefoot.
- Go swimming.
- Go to a baseball game.
- Take a nap in a hammock.
- Plan your next vacation.
- Clean up trash in your community.
- Try your hand at sculpting or pottery.
- Do some gardening.
- Upcycle your paint chips.
- Go to a petting zoo.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Take your dog for a walk.
- Mow the lawn.
- Plant a tree in your community.
- Volunteer on a farm.
- Start a collection of things from nature.
- Play in the sprinkler.
- Sleep with your windows open.
There are times when moms become bored at home because they do not have anything to do. If this is the case, then there are some fun activities that can be done that will not require moms to spend a lot of money. Here are just some of the activities that moms can do:
Image courtesy of everydayplus at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Do some sewing. Sewing and doing cross stitch can help moms lose time because they will be immersed in making figures with the use of the thread, the cloth and the needle. There are some moms who discover their talent in sewing because of this simple activity.
Image courtesy of AKARAKINGDOMS at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Teach kids household chores. Moms can always make chores seem like a fun activity with the use of creativity. Not only will moms be able to bond with their kids, kids will also learn the importance of sharing the chores inside the house.
Image courtesy of blackzheep at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Moms can also work online during the summer especially when they are busy if itâ€™s not summer time.
These are just some activities that are worthwhile. There are still more things that can be done that are not only practical, they are effective as well.