The Philippine National Red Cross listed the following important items to donate to typhoon victims.
- Bottled water
- Ready-to-eat meals in easy-to-open cans (ex, Philippine Red Cross meals)
- First aid kit (with topical anti-septic, bandage, anti-biotic ointment, etc.)
- Medicines for diarrhea and other common illnesses
- Hygiene kit with toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, anti-bacterial soap and sanitary napkins (packed for a family)
Clothes suitable for tropical climate
- Blankets and mats
- Cash/G-cash and tents for relief organization
If you don’t have the means to donate, you can offer your spare time by serving as volunteer in a repacking warehouse. You can also sell some personal items that you no longer need, you can cook or bake and donate the proceeds to legitimate organizations.
Image credit: ABS-CBN infographic