Being a mother to little children really entails a lot of hard work. Not only would you have to be a teacher and a tutor at the same time, a peace-maker and a diplomat even when you wanted to have a well-deserved breakdown or throw a fit of your own. You also have to be a walking convenience store with loads of magic, which could include candies or chocolates or a few tiny toy soldiers or a bubble machine, up on your sleeves, to keep the kiddos entertained during long travels. Apart from that, you also need to be up on your toes keeping them safe all the time making sure they never bump into anything hard or slip into something while playing like there’s no tomorrow in the living room. And do not forget, you have to be on your guard all the time taking those cleaner jobs as seriously as you can cleaning up after them.
Are you a new mom? Do you know the importance of nursing your young?
Here are the basic advantages of breastfeeding to nursing moms:
- Gives a kind of natural immunization against several diseases.
- Baby will have less stomach trouble since mother’s milk is easy to digest and absorb.
- No problem in preparing breast milk. It is always at the right temperature and free.
- Helps you avoid certain risks to your own health like bleeding after birth and breast and ovarian cancer.
- Makes it less likely that you will become pregnant too soon.
What you should do:
- Breast-feed you child exclusively from birth to six months of age. This means you should give your child no other drink or food, and you should let the child feed frequently and for unrestricted periods.
- You can continue breast-feeding for as long as your baby wants to, that is, well into the second year of life.
- To increase breast milk, feed your baby often. For your own nutrition, eat a variety of foods every day. Eat more meat, fish, eggs, milk, vegetables and fruit.
- Start giving other foods when the baby is four to six months. The baby needs additional foods for rapid growth and development.
If you are an expectant mom, there are a lot of things to consider before taking any medicine or vitamins. Prenatal check-up is a must for pregnant women. Doctors monitor the development of both mother and child. Only doctors can tell you if you need any medication or vitamins to keep you and your unborn baby in top form. They will give you prescription of certain vitamins that you can purchase in drugstores. You can always visit the nearest private or public hospitals in your area to avail prenatal services and you will know what I’m talking about. Just a piece of advice, consult your OB-Gyne first before buying over the counter prenatal vitamins. The same care should be exercised in taking food or beverages that aren’t fit for consumption by pregnant women. Just be wary of anything you take for your sake and your unborn child’s health.